10 Exercise Tricks 12 New Years Resolutions 12 Steps of Becoming Healthier 30 Days as a Vegetarian 5 Slimming Foods 6 Minute Cardio 8 Super Fun Exercises Ab Workouts Adrenaline High Weight Loss Afterburn Effect Archery Beach Perfect Body Bicycling Boxing Building Endurance Calorie Myths Cardio Exercises Competitive Sports Dancing Dieting Exercise Books Exercise Humour Exercise Myths Exercise Questions Exercise Quotes Family Fitness Flexibility Frugal Exercises Healthy Food Interval Training Jogging Living Longer Loose Skin Mission Statement Morning Exercises Motivating Yourself Myth Busting Notes Obesity and Weight Loss Personal Trainers Popular Professional Athletes Rest and Sleep Running Sit Ups Special Offers Sports Injuries Stretching Summer Activities Swimming Testimonials Testing Your Limits The Pet Project Toronto Toronto Gyms Tracking your Calorie Loss Unusual Exercises Vacation Exercises Walking and Hiking Weightlifting Whey Protein Winter Activities Yoga Zen Exercising
How to Ween Yourself Off Sugar in 30 Days
But what can you do about it? Well one solution is to ween yourself off sugar slowly, over a 30 day period.
Days 1 to 6
Make a list of high-sugar foods that are on the "do not eat" list. Avoid those foods and fast-food places that offer tempting high-sugar foods. Inform friends and family that you are trying to avoid sugar. Ask them to encourage you and to avoid tempting you with sugary treats. (Avoid hanging out with people who ignore this request. They're not helping you by deliberately providing temptation.)
Days 7 to 12
Clear your home of any high-sugar foods. Keep only healthy foods in the home. Get rid of high-sugar cereals, desserts, ice cream and other sugar-laden treats. Inform the family or others in the home that high-sugar foods are now banned and that they should not bring them into the home. Locate a suitable place where you can donate all those high sugar foods.
Days 13 to 18
When shopping avoid aisles in the grocery store filled with junk food and sugary treats. At home keep the place stocked with healthy snacks such as chopped-up vegetables and fruits. When purchasing canned fruits, go with those with natural juices, no sugar added. Air-popped popcorn is another easy-to-make snack to replace sugary treats.
Days 19 to 24
To quell sugar urges, go for a walk when the urge to nibble on sweets arises. Build healthy habits such as exercising while watching TV instead of sitting around snacking on unhealthy, sugary treats. When in doubt walking helps soothe and calm the mind.
Days 25 to 30
When eating out, avoid desserts and other high-sugar items. Portions in restaurants are often over-sized. If temptation arises, split a dessert with someone. Do not consume an immense amount of sugar in one dessert.
Tips and Warnings
Focus on the positive goals for a healthier life. Give yourself rewards (not food) for lessening the amount of sugar consumed.
Talk to your doctor before making any modifications to the diet such as decreasing sugar intake. Start any new health program gradually and give the body time to adjust.
Naturally weaning off sugar will provide many health benefits for the body. The American Diabetes Association cautions that type 2 diabetes is on the upswing in America, even among youngsters. A focus on natural foods such as grains, fruits and vegetables will help the body maintain health. Since high-sugar commercial foods can cause the blood sugar to spike, if you can wean yourself off sugar, you'll be improving your chances of a long, healthy life.
The most popular blog post on this website thus far is one titled Weight Loss + Loose Skin , even though my later post Preventing Loose Sk...
Q "Hello! I recently suffered an injury to my nose during boxing and when it was healing I noticed that my nose had become...
Okay, you've lost some weight... but you've noticed that your skin now feels looser because maybe you lost weight in a hurry and now...
Q "Hi! I found your nose exercise page this morning. Cannot wait to try them. Are there exercises for my crooked nose? P...
Want to burn more calories and trick your body into burning more calories without thinking about it? (Okay, some of them you do have to th...
Now you might first be wondering - "What is a thigh gap???" Basically it is a term commonly used by fashion-conscious young wo...
I was recently asked a series of archery questions by a reporter from the National Post, a Canadian newspaper. The questions pertained to a ...
Making your desktop image for your computer something which motivates you to exercise... or printing out various motivational images and put...
Here is a bizarre yet interesting bit of news... According to Alexa.com (a website which tracks the popularity of every website on the p...
Before and After: Proof that you can do it. If you look like the girl on the left remember that she eventually became the girl on the ri...
Cardio Trek Posts
- ► 2016 (100)
- ► 2015 (120)
- ► 2014 (120)
- Exercising on a Budget
- Customized Personal Training Programs
- Healthy Meal Plans for Work
- Weightlifting During Pregnancy + After Having Kids...
- How to Bicycle in the Winter without getting Cold
- Exercise Equipment for the Obese
- The Triceps Kickback
- What makes a healthy teenager?
- The Canadian Daily
- Nutrition is More Important than Exercise
- Sweating Hard + 10 Exercise Myths
- Can I Exercise Around An Injury?
- Workout Ideas for Overweight Teenagers
- Health Benefits of Dates
- Do Fitness Games like Wii Fit really work?
- Two Plank Variations
- Get Better Sleep = Sleep Healthier
- Why a Stopwatch is Important
- Bust Firming Exercises
- Making Healthier Food Choices
- How to Curb the Munchies
- Low Carb Flax Bread
- Become a Fat Burning Furnace
- Combining Circuit Training with Interval Training
- How often should you be working out?
- Awa Kenzo + Zen Archery Tips
- Fitness Trends for 2013
- How to Measure Weigh Loss Success
- Escalating Density Training
- Strength Training After 40
- 15 Faster and More Effective Exercises
- Aerobic Exercises the Better Bet
- Three Exercise and Dietary Myths
- Feeling Anxious? Rethink Your Diet
- Exercise Motivational Quotes
- Alexa Ranking - CardioTrek in the Top 5000 for Tor...
- 20 Ways to Tighten Skin after Weight Loss
- Cold Showers Burn Calories
- Motivational Quotes for January
- How to Ween Yourself Off Sugar in 30 Days
- How to Walk Yourself Fit
- Exercise Motivational Quotes for the New Years
- Two Alternative Models for Predicting Muscle Growt...
- 10-Minute Fat Blaster
- 50 Snacks that are Under 50 Calories
- The Importance of Rest Periods
- 6 Ways to Tone your Obliques
- 13 New Years Resolutions for a Beach Perfect Body
- 13 Diet and Exercise Resolutions for 2013
- New Years Resolutions for 2013
- ▼ Jan (50)
- ► 2012 (180)