Chances are likely you don't know any places that sell Low Carb Flax Bread - which is really good for you by the way, so here is a handy recipe for how to make it.
2/3 cup flax meal
1/3 cup almond flour (other nut flours/meals can be substituted)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder*
Salt to taste (I like more salt in my flax bread than I would in other bread)
about 3 tsp olive oil or unrefined coconut oil (or butter, depending on what kind of flavor you want and your specific dietary needs)
2 eggs (1 egg will suffice, but 2 eggs holds together just a bit better)
water to texture desired (it makes a big difference, and the wetter it is, the harder it is to get it to cook all the way through, I go for minimal water needed to get things fluid enough to pour the batter)
*To make these completely grain free use a grain-free baking powder or grain-free baking powder substitution.
Mix the dry ingredients together well.
Gently beat the eggs together before adding (optional, but it blends better that way if they're pre-beaten).
This recipe will work for a regular-sized pie tin or small loaf pan. Double the recipe for a more normal-sized bread loaf pan. Do NOT forget to grease the pan well before pouring the batter in or else you will have one heck of a time trying to peel it out of your pan.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bake for approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. To check if it is done use a toothpick or butter knife to poke it in the middle and it should could out clean after you insert it into the center of the bread. Enjoy fresh out of the oven (wait for it to cool down a bit) or at room temperature for a nice sandwich.
VARIATIONS ON THIS RECIPE
Herbed Bread: add small chunks of sharp cheddar cheese, a tablespoon of crushed thyme, a tablespoon of crushed sage, a teaspoon of oregano or bee balm, small handful of fresh chopped rosemary, fresh ground black pepper to taste, and maybe some coarse salt on top. You can even add some green onion, broccoli, or nettles for extra panache if you like.
Sweet Bread: add cinnamon, honey, cardamom, vanilla, and even some fresh fruit like sliced strawberries.
Pancakes: just make the batter thin enough to spread on a hot cast iron pan or griddle. Unsweetened applesauce is nice in the pancakes instead of using water.
10 Exercise Tricks 12 New Years Resolutions 12 Steps of Becoming Healthier 30 Days as a Vegetarian 5 Slimming Foods 6 Minute Cardio 8 Super Fun Exercises Ab Workouts Adrenaline High Weight Loss Afterburn Effect Archery Beach Perfect Body Bicycling Boxing Building Endurance Calorie Myths Cardio Exercises Competitive Sports Dancing Dieting Exercise Books Exercise Humour Exercise Myths Exercise Questions Exercise Quotes Family Fitness Flexibility Frugal Exercises Healthy Food Interval Training Jogging Living Longer Loose Skin Mission Statement Morning Exercises Motivating Yourself Myth Busting Notes Obesity and Weight Loss Personal Trainers Popular Professional Athletes Rest and Sleep Running Sit Ups Special Offers Sports Injuries Stretching Summer Activities Swimming Testimonials Testing Your Limits The Pet Project Toronto Toronto Gyms Tracking your Calorie Loss Unusual Exercises Vacation Exercises Walking and Hiking Weightlifting Whey Protein Winter Activities Yoga Zen Exercising
The most popular blog post on this website thus far is one titled Weight Loss + Loose Skin , even though my later post Preventing Loose Sk...
Q "Hello! I recently suffered an injury to my nose during boxing and when it was healing I noticed that my nose had become...
Okay, you've lost some weight... but you've noticed that your skin now feels looser because maybe you lost weight in a hurry and now...
Q "Hi! I found your nose exercise page this morning. Cannot wait to try them. Are there exercises for my crooked nose? P...
Want to burn more calories and trick your body into burning more calories without thinking about it? (Okay, some of them you do have to th...
Now you might first be wondering - "What is a thigh gap???" Basically it is a term commonly used by fashion-conscious young wo...
I was recently asked a series of archery questions by a reporter from the National Post, a Canadian newspaper. The questions pertained to a ...
Making your desktop image for your computer something which motivates you to exercise... or printing out various motivational images and put...
Here is a bizarre yet interesting bit of news... According to Alexa.com (a website which tracks the popularity of every website on the p...
Before and After: Proof that you can do it. If you look like the girl on the left remember that she eventually became the girl on the ri...
Cardio Trek Posts
- ► 2016 (100)
- ► 2015 (120)
- ► 2014 (120)
- Exercising on a Budget
- Customized Personal Training Programs
- Healthy Meal Plans for Work
- Weightlifting During Pregnancy + After Having Kids...
- How to Bicycle in the Winter without getting Cold
- Exercise Equipment for the Obese
- The Triceps Kickback
- What makes a healthy teenager?
- The Canadian Daily
- Nutrition is More Important than Exercise
- Sweating Hard + 10 Exercise Myths
- Can I Exercise Around An Injury?
- Workout Ideas for Overweight Teenagers
- Health Benefits of Dates
- Do Fitness Games like Wii Fit really work?
- Two Plank Variations
- Get Better Sleep = Sleep Healthier
- Why a Stopwatch is Important
- Bust Firming Exercises
- Making Healthier Food Choices
- How to Curb the Munchies
- Low Carb Flax Bread
- Become a Fat Burning Furnace
- Combining Circuit Training with Interval Training
- How often should you be working out?
- Awa Kenzo + Zen Archery Tips
- Fitness Trends for 2013
- How to Measure Weigh Loss Success
- Escalating Density Training
- Strength Training After 40
- 15 Faster and More Effective Exercises
- Aerobic Exercises the Better Bet
- Three Exercise and Dietary Myths
- Feeling Anxious? Rethink Your Diet
- Exercise Motivational Quotes
- Alexa Ranking - CardioTrek in the Top 5000 for Tor...
- 20 Ways to Tighten Skin after Weight Loss
- Cold Showers Burn Calories
- Motivational Quotes for January
- How to Ween Yourself Off Sugar in 30 Days
- How to Walk Yourself Fit
- Exercise Motivational Quotes for the New Years
- Two Alternative Models for Predicting Muscle Growt...
- 10-Minute Fat Blaster
- 50 Snacks that are Under 50 Calories
- The Importance of Rest Periods
- 6 Ways to Tone your Obliques
- 13 New Years Resolutions for a Beach Perfect Body
- 13 Diet and Exercise Resolutions for 2013
- New Years Resolutions for 2013
- ▼ Jan (50)
- ► 2012 (180)