I have two problems when I am doing archery. I cannot close my left eye when I am trying to aim. If I close it I end up closing/squinting my right eye too, so much that I can barely see the target. I find I have problems aiming with both eyes open because it makes double vision.
The second problem is my long hair has a tendency to get in the way. Aside from cutting off my hair or wearing a hat, what can I do to counter my hair getting in the way of my eyes?
Thanks in advance!
I have encountered people with the problem that they cannot close their left eye before and I have a very simple solution: Wear an eye patch. It may feel silly but many archers in your position do it. Some of them even have decorative eye patches made.
If your hair is too short to make a ponytail, braid or tie it back then I have several other suggestions:
1. Bandanna to hold your hair out of your face.
2. Hair barrettes to hold your hair in place.
3. Bows / ribbons holding your hair in place (feel free to make jokes with your fellow archers about how many bows you are using at the same time).
4. Wear a toque or knitted kufi hat.
5. Get a perm. Curly hair is more springy and won't get in your eyes so much when you are shooting.