If you don't have a personal trainer or an exercise partner who can time you, well then you should really consider getting a stopwatch for doing a variety of exercises - especially Interval Training.
Indeed. Some stopwatches are specifically made for Interval Training - one such stopwatch is the Gymboss Interval Timer which you can clip on to your belt during your workouts. You can also get stopwatches which has a light for early morning or late night running.
A stopwatch is a bit like your own little personal trainer, but without all the fancy motivational advice. Many people have the tendency to not push hard enough when working out at their own pace and they need more of a regimented approach to truly challenge themselves. They will complete a few sets of exercises, and then they wander around, and maybe looking into the mirror expecting to see some kind of instant results. Then they do another couple of sets, followed by writing a couple of text messages to friends...Well you get the idea. They're too relaxed and not really paying attention to their activity that much and sort of daydreaming about their end results.
Stopwatches can help put a stop to that (as fun as daydreaming is!) and take care of your mental focus, especially if you can set them on intervals. Here are some examples of how to use a stopwatch for a more intense workout:
Run 2 mins, abs 1 min
Lift weights 2 minutes, kick side to side or punch 1 min
Run 2 minutes, walk 1 min
As many push ups and crunches as you can do 2 mins, stretch 1 min
Weightlifting 2 mins, yoga 1 min
If your stopwatch doesn't do timed intervals, no problem! Use it for timed exercises such as planks, wall sits, pulsing lunges and for running up and down the stairs.
You can also use your stopwatch to time your workout exercises individual length, making sure you do each exercise for 1 minute. A 30 minute workout really adds up quickly, and since you will be racing against the clock each minute, it WILL be more intense.
10 Exercise Tricks 12 New Years Resolutions 12 Steps of Becoming Healthier 30 Days as a Vegetarian 5 Slimming Foods 6 Minute Cardio 8 Super Fun Exercises Ab Workouts Adrenaline High Weight Loss Afterburn Effect Archery Beach Perfect Body Bicycling Boxing Building Endurance Calorie Myths Cardio Exercises Competitive Sports Dancing Dieting Exercise Books Exercise Humour Exercise Myths Exercise Questions Exercise Quotes Family Fitness Flexibility Frugal Exercises Healthy Food Interval Training Jogging Living Longer Loose Skin Mission Statement Morning Exercises Motivating Yourself Myth Busting Notes Obesity and Weight Loss Personal Trainers Popular Professional Athletes Rest and Sleep Running Sit Ups Special Offers Sports Injuries Stretching Summer Activities Swimming Testimonials Testing Your Limits The Pet Project Toronto Toronto Gyms Tracking your Calorie Loss Unusual Exercises Vacation Exercises Walking and Hiking Weightlifting Whey Protein Winter Activities Yoga Zen Exercising
The most popular blog post on this website thus far is one titled Weight Loss + Loose Skin , even though my later post Preventing Loose Sk...
Q "Hello! I recently suffered an injury to my nose during boxing and when it was healing I noticed that my nose had become...
Okay, you've lost some weight... but you've noticed that your skin now feels looser because maybe you lost weight in a hurry and now...
Q "Hi! I found your nose exercise page this morning. Cannot wait to try them. Are there exercises for my crooked nose? P...
Want to burn more calories and trick your body into burning more calories without thinking about it? (Okay, some of them you do have to th...
Now you might first be wondering - "What is a thigh gap???" Basically it is a term commonly used by fashion-conscious young wo...
I was recently asked a series of archery questions by a reporter from the National Post, a Canadian newspaper. The questions pertained to a ...
Making your desktop image for your computer something which motivates you to exercise... or printing out various motivational images and put...
Here is a bizarre yet interesting bit of news... According to Alexa.com (a website which tracks the popularity of every website on the p...
Before and After: Proof that you can do it. If you look like the girl on the left remember that she eventually became the girl on the ri...
Cardio Trek Posts
- ► 2016 (100)
- ► 2015 (120)
- ► 2014 (120)
- Exercising on a Budget
- Customized Personal Training Programs
- Healthy Meal Plans for Work
- Weightlifting During Pregnancy + After Having Kids...
- How to Bicycle in the Winter without getting Cold
- Exercise Equipment for the Obese
- The Triceps Kickback
- What makes a healthy teenager?
- The Canadian Daily
- Nutrition is More Important than Exercise
- Sweating Hard + 10 Exercise Myths
- Can I Exercise Around An Injury?
- Workout Ideas for Overweight Teenagers
- Health Benefits of Dates
- Do Fitness Games like Wii Fit really work?
- Two Plank Variations
- Get Better Sleep = Sleep Healthier
- Why a Stopwatch is Important
- Bust Firming Exercises
- Making Healthier Food Choices
- How to Curb the Munchies
- Low Carb Flax Bread
- Become a Fat Burning Furnace
- Combining Circuit Training with Interval Training
- How often should you be working out?
- Awa Kenzo + Zen Archery Tips
- Fitness Trends for 2013
- How to Measure Weigh Loss Success
- Escalating Density Training
- Strength Training After 40
- 15 Faster and More Effective Exercises
- Aerobic Exercises the Better Bet
- Three Exercise and Dietary Myths
- Feeling Anxious? Rethink Your Diet
- Exercise Motivational Quotes
- Alexa Ranking - CardioTrek in the Top 5000 for Tor...
- 20 Ways to Tighten Skin after Weight Loss
- Cold Showers Burn Calories
- Motivational Quotes for January
- How to Ween Yourself Off Sugar in 30 Days
- How to Walk Yourself Fit
- Exercise Motivational Quotes for the New Years
- Two Alternative Models for Predicting Muscle Growt...
- 10-Minute Fat Blaster
- 50 Snacks that are Under 50 Calories
- The Importance of Rest Periods
- 6 Ways to Tone your Obliques
- 13 New Years Resolutions for a Beach Perfect Body
- 13 Diet and Exercise Resolutions for 2013
- New Years Resolutions for 2013
- ▼ Jan (50)
- ► 2012 (180)