10 Exercise Tricks 12 New Years Resolutions 12 Steps of Becoming Healthier 30 Days as a Vegetarian 5 Slimming Foods 6 Minute Cardio 8 Super Fun Exercises Ab Workouts Adrenaline High Weight Loss Afterburn Effect Archery Beach Perfect Body Bicycling Boxing Building Endurance Calorie Myths Cardio Exercises Competitive Sports Dancing Dieting Exercise Books Exercise Humour Exercise Myths Exercise Questions Exercise Quotes Family Fitness Flexibility Frugal Exercises Healthy Food Interval Training Jogging Living Longer Loose Skin Mission Statement Morning Exercises Motivating Yourself Myth Busting Notes Obesity and Weight Loss Personal Trainers Popular Professional Athletes Rest and Sleep Running Sit Ups Special Offers Sports Injuries Stretching Summer Activities Swimming Testimonials Testing Your Limits The Pet Project Toronto Toronto Gyms Tracking your Calorie Loss Unusual Exercises Vacation Exercises Walking and Hiking Weightlifting Whey Protein Winter Activities Yoga Zen Exercising
The Twelve Steps of Becoming Healthier
Learning how to self motivate yourself to exercise is tricky. Its easier to do it with a personal trainer (like me) or you can try the DIY method.
If you do try and go with the DIY method here is a 12 step approach to eating healthier and exercising more:
The Twelve Steps of Becoming Healthier
1. First you have to admit that you have a problem. Your over-consumption of food and your general unwillingness to exercise. Denying it by saying "I am not fat, I am just big boned!" or blaming your genetics is not going to help you.
2. Recognize that you can make small changes in progressive steps and turn your life around. There is hope.
3. Made a decision to stop eating everything just because its there and you're feeling depressed. Make a list of every reason you eat unhealthy food, a sort of moral inventory of eating when you depressed, angry, etc.
4. You need to have self-confidence and courage that you can do this.
5. Admit to your friends and family the exact nature of your weight problems.
6. Recognize your character defects that leads you to overeat and not exercise.
7. Seek answers for your shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all the exercises you enjoy doing. Especially exercises that require moving around a lot (cardio).
9. Seek out other people who have also had weight problems and learn from their successes.
10. Continued to keep track of your eating vices and work to control them.
11. Make a conscious effort to make your exercise workouts part of your daily routine and something fun that you look forward to every day.
12. Awaken yourself to the reality that exercising is more fun than watching TV and its something you can keep doing all the days of your life.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Labels: 12 Steps of Becoming Healthier
The most popular blog post on this website thus far is one titled Weight Loss + Loose Skin , even though my later post Preventing Loose Sk...
Q "Hello! I recently suffered an injury to my nose during boxing and when it was healing I noticed that my nose had become...
Okay, you've lost some weight... but you've noticed that your skin now feels looser because maybe you lost weight in a hurry and now...
Q "Hi! I found your nose exercise page this morning. Cannot wait to try them. Are there exercises for my crooked nose? P...
Want to burn more calories and trick your body into burning more calories without thinking about it? (Okay, some of them you do have to th...
Now you might first be wondering - "What is a thigh gap???" Basically it is a term commonly used by fashion-conscious young wo...
I was recently asked a series of archery questions by a reporter from the National Post, a Canadian newspaper. The questions pertained to a ...
Making your desktop image for your computer something which motivates you to exercise... or printing out various motivational images and put...
Here is a bizarre yet interesting bit of news... According to Alexa.com (a website which tracks the popularity of every website on the p...
Before and After: Proof that you can do it. If you look like the girl on the left remember that she eventually became the girl on the ri...
Cardio Trek Posts
- ► 2016 (100)
- ► 2015 (120)
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (230)
- Canadian Archers at the Olympics
- 8 Super Fun Exercises Anyone Can Do!
- The Twelve Steps of Becoming Healthier
- The Adrenaline High Weight Loss Program
- Archery Tips for Amateurs
- 10 Tips for maintaining a Beach Perfect Body
- Family Fitness for Cancer Patients
- The Frugal Summer Workout
- You are what you eat!
- Preventing Loose Skin during Weight Loss
- ▼ Jul (10)