When I was little my parents really only had 1 kind of vacation they went on:
Small surprise that when I reached adulthood my standard for vacations were very different.
#1. I went via train or bus and once there I walked, cycled or took a taxi. It was more relaxing and I got more exercise that way.
#2. I took up freehand mountain climbing. Lots of exercise and some danger involved because there is no safety harness. No more caves for me.
#3. I love Buddhist temples in Asia... and they're usually near the top of a mountain, so again, another excuse to exercise. Take your camera with you.
However not everyone is like me and embraces exercising while on vacation. So here is Three Ways to Be Fit on Vacation
You should rarely book accommodations that doesn't have a gym. Not only does this narrow down your search results for a hotel or resort but it allows you to stick to my normal running + gym regimen.
You will discover that working out first thing in the morning helps you to stay mindful of your diet throughout the day (people tend to overeat while on vacation), and although a vacation allows a little leeway on nutrition initiates, it still helps toward not completely destroying my pre-holiday results!
2. When a Gym is not Available, Make Do
Even though you can make the best effort to stay in hotels with fitness equipment it doesn't always work out. Sometimes, the resort never even had a gym in the first place, their facility is under renovation or they open later than when you need to exercise. In this case you make the most of what you have by running on the beach, doing body weight exercises in your room or walking the grounds of the resort.
It's great to sit on your butt all day and heck, you very well may deserve it but planning some hikes, swimming or any other activity is not a bad idea! Not only will you see more of the country that you are visiting but you will work up an appetite for those restaurant sized meal portions.
If you are staying at a place near the beach or has a pool, make an effort to use it. Don't just pack your swimsuit and then forget to use it.
Better yet, take up snorkeling. It is AMAZINGLY GOOD FUN.
If a tiger can swim, so can you. :)
10 Exercise Tricks 12 New Years Resolutions 12 Steps of Becoming Healthier 30 Days as a Vegetarian 5 Slimming Foods 6 Minute Cardio 8 Super Fun Exercises Ab Workouts Adrenaline High Weight Loss Afterburn Effect Archery Beach Perfect Body Bicycling Boxing Building Endurance Calorie Myths Cardio Exercises Competitive Sports Dancing Dieting Exercise Books Exercise Humour Exercise Myths Exercise Questions Exercise Quotes Family Fitness Flexibility Frugal Exercises Healthy Food Interval Training Jogging Living Longer Loose Skin Mission Statement Morning Exercises Motivating Yourself Myth Busting Notes Obesity and Weight Loss Personal Trainers Popular Professional Athletes Rest and Sleep Running Sit Ups Special Offers Sports Injuries Stretching Summer Activities Swimming Testimonials Testing Your Limits The Pet Project Toronto Toronto Gyms Tracking your Calorie Loss Unusual Exercises Vacation Exercises Walking and Hiking Weightlifting Whey Protein Winter Activities Yoga Zen Exercising
The most popular blog post on this website thus far is one titled Weight Loss + Loose Skin , even though my later post Preventing Loose Sk...
Q "Hello! I recently suffered an injury to my nose during boxing and when it was healing I noticed that my nose had become...
Okay, you've lost some weight... but you've noticed that your skin now feels looser because maybe you lost weight in a hurry and now...
Q "Hi! I found your nose exercise page this morning. Cannot wait to try them. Are there exercises for my crooked nose? P...
Want to burn more calories and trick your body into burning more calories without thinking about it? (Okay, some of them you do have to th...
Now you might first be wondering - "What is a thigh gap???" Basically it is a term commonly used by fashion-conscious young wo...
I was recently asked a series of archery questions by a reporter from the National Post, a Canadian newspaper. The questions pertained to a ...
Making your desktop image for your computer something which motivates you to exercise... or printing out various motivational images and put...
Here is a bizarre yet interesting bit of news... According to Alexa.com (a website which tracks the popularity of every website on the p...
Before and After: Proof that you can do it. If you look like the girl on the left remember that she eventually became the girl on the ri...
Cardio Trek Posts
- ► 2016 (100)
- ► 2015 (120)
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (230)
- New Domain Name!
- Maximum Results + Minimum Time
- Archery Testimonial
- 69 Frugal Exercises using your own Body Weight
- Training to Run Long Distance
- 5 Common Fitness Mistakes
- Running - Calories Per Hour
- Boxing Testimonial
- Boxing Testimonial
- Skipping to Fitness
- What to do when you can't afford a Personal Traine...
- Eating Healthy in a Hurry
- The Importance of Positive Attitude when Exercisin...
- Organic food doesn't make any difference, says sci...
- Triathlons: Why or Why Not Train for Them?
- Question: I keep losing weight due to stress?
- Question: Left Leg lagging behind?
- Exercises for Preventing Dance Injuries
- The 8 Benefits of Lemon Water in your Diet
- How to Trick Yourself into Eating Healthy
- New Logos for Cardio Trek
- Books + Exercise: Why Research is your Friend
- Why Crazy Crash Diets Don't Work
- Burning Calories via Household Chores
- Cardio? What is Cardio? Can it make me fattter?
- Setting and Achieving Realistic Goals
- Running Marathons: Fun and Challenging
- The Top Three Worst Dieting Mistakes
- Exercising while on Vacation
- Why Calcium Rocks!
- Injuries Vs Fitness: 7 Tips to getting Back on you...
- 5 Reasons Why you should Exercise in the Morning
- Why You Should Count Calories
- What should I look for in a personal trainer?
- The Benefits of Walking Sticks
- ▼ Sep (35)