I am not going to try to convince you that lemon water is the ultimate solution for all of your health and wellness desires and needs. It isn't and neither is anything else. There is no one shot "miracle fruit" and anyone trying to sell you "snake oil" is in the wrong century.
However, for such a simple solution, lemon water does have some amazing benefits. Best of all, it's natural and really inexpensive to try and test it out.
8 Benefits of Lemon Water
- Lemon water will assist weight loss. It is a no-calorie drink. With it's presence of pectin fiber, hunger can be controlled while offering the body a flavorful drink that provides many other benefits for the body.
- A good source of citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- Helps dissolve uric acid, which causes inflammation in the joints
- Assists digestion and elimination
- Naturally strengthens the liver
- Has antibacterial properties and Vitamin C. Great for colds and flues
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces symptoms of asthma and allergies
How to Use Lemon Water
Lemons are best at room temperature. The thinner the skin, the more the juice. Roll the lemon a few times on the counter to break up the fruit inside.
After juicing the lemon they store in the fridge for about a week.
Tips when using Lemon Water
- If using the peel (zesting the lemon) buy organic or scrub. Pesticides (and who knows what else) can be absorbed into the peel.
- In any case, it's probably not a good idea to keep the peel in the glass all day.
Tada! How hard is that?